''I don't mean it is impossible (to defeat deflation) in fiscal 2005,'' Muto said. ''But it is very difficult to tell whether (the end of deflation) will be delayed and come about in fiscal 2006.''
Muto made the remarks on deflation, which has hobbled the world's second-largest economy for years, in an interview with Kyodo News
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously