''I don't mean it is impossible (to defeat deflation) in fiscal 2005,'' Muto said. ''But it is very difficult to tell whether (the end of deflation) will be delayed and come about in fiscal 2006.''
Muto made the remarks on deflation, which has hobbled the world's second-largest economy for years, in an interview with Kyodo News
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms