The article in the Journal du Dimanche newspaper also quotes Trichet as defending the euro, saying the single currency has boosted employment in France.
Both Nicolas Sarkozy and Segolene Royal have attacked the ECB calling for greater control of the cent
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?