"Bernanke is a long-time advocate of inflation targeting. He has said a 1 percent to 2 percent increase in the core price index for personal consumption expenditures (PCE price index) would be an optimal U.S. inflation rate," it says.
"Donald Kohn has been opposed to inflation targeting. He has said it was not clear a
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit