Armando Leon, one of seven central bank directors, suggested the government establish a fund of excess oil revenue rather than demand reserves for spending, a move that he said would undermine the value of the bolivar.
``The central bank has to have autonomy,'' Leon said in an interview
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms