Armando Leon, one of seven central bank directors, suggested the government establish a fund of excess oil revenue rather than demand reserves for spending, a move that he said would undermine the value of the bolivar.
``The central bank has to have autonomy,'' Leon said in an interview
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research