The notes had a face value of €19.3m ($30.4m).
In the six months to June 312,000 notes were withdrawn from circulation, up from 296,000 in the second half of 2007. The figure represents the biggest haul since the second half of 2003.
The €50 note was the most counterfeited note, accounting for 36% of notes seized, followed by the €20 denomina
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde