According to surveys, the central bank is widely predicted to raise rates by a quarter points to 6.75% on Wednesday 7 November, which is less than three weeks before the country's general election.
If such a move is made by the central bank, it could seriously affect the chances of John Howard, the current prime minister of Aus
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor