The dismissal of governor Maria do Carmo Silveira, a former prime minister of the country, and her team was due to irregularities detected in the construction work of the new central bank building, valued at US$8 million, a statement from Sao Tome's cabinet said, according to macauhub.com.
"The figure for financing the project was not included
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde