The central bank said that at a 14-year high of 9.5%, the annual inflation statistic for June far exceeded forecasts due to surges in energy and food prices: "The oil price has remained high, while the prices of most commodities have increased again. Inflationary pressures have intensified around the world."
Though inflation had soared, second quarter growth had
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession