Last week Sir Edward George, the Bank's governor, said that the global economic slowdown could last for three more years. This was followed by encouraging remarks for borrowers from Sushil Wadhwani and Christopher Allsopp, outside members of the MPC.
Ms Barker stopped
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power