ARTICLE - The Bank of England's monetary policy committee meets next week to discuss a further cut in interest rates from the present 5.5 per cent.
The Paris-based Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) warned that the high value of the pound was hurting manufacturing industry.
Predicting that growth in the British economy will slow to 2.5 per cent from 3 per cent, the OECD warned:
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde