Trichet told the European Parliament economic and monetary affairs committee that the ECB governing council had previously taken the view that new laws on the mandates of central bank governors should not be applied retrospectively.
'To preserve the independence of the national central banks...we said
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- EBA and ECB hit out at capital hurdles to banking union
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls