The two mortgage insurers, which provide guarantees for about $5.2 trillion-worth of US home loans, will be able to access discount-window financing if necessary, the Fed said on Sunday in a statement preceding the opening of Asian stock exchanges after shares in the GSEs slumped last week.
Any lending wi
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting