The system went live on Saturday 12 July and is expected to reduce the time taken to clear cheques from between one and five days to four hours.
"Unlike in some parts of the world, the volume of cheques in the UAE is increasing year on year. Many facets of the commercial system in the country rely on cheques," Bob Thomson, the senior manager of the central bank's I
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power