The Federal Reserve Board and some banking groups have been pushing Congress to take up a bill to make it easier to transmit checks electronically between banks. The Fed sent a proposal to Congress in December, but legislation has not been introduced in the House or Senate.
The first legislative movement on the issue probably will
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde