The IMF approved an $800m loan to El Salvador "to cope with the worst effects of the global financial crisis."
Though the country was not facing any immediate balance of payments needs, the loan and its conditions would act as "a precautionary measure that forms part of an overall strategy to strengthen the country's financial defen
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power