Reuters quoted observers saying the appointment of a new World Bank chief is "not an urgent priority" for the Bush administration.
U.S. consultations with other major bank shareholders are currently underway, but European sources say no single candidate has emerged as a favourite.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations