The BOJ "is taking into account what the government thinks in deciding policy, " Shiokawa said. "We're breathing in step with each other."
Appearing on a radio show, Shiokawa reiterated that his calls for "price adjustments" don't amount to "inflation targets".
Consumer prices have dropped for
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations