He was speaking via videoconference at a fashion conference in Milan, and said rates are rising faster in the US than in Europe.
In other comments, he said Italy's unit cost of labour is out of line with France and Germany, and this is affecting the country's competitiveness.
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart