Dodge said negative effects of the suicide attacks on New York and Washington made clear that Canadian economic growth would be close to zero or negative in the last half of 2001, bringing average growth for the year down to 1-1/2 percent.
"The recent events are un
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say