Speaking at an annual dinner in honour of South Africa's ambassadors and high commissioners in Pretoria on 30 November, Mboweni said a stable rand "at current levels" would help to stabilise inflation. He also said that the currency's recent weakness and higher interest rates should boost exports.
Mboweni made the argu
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power