Edgar Meister, the chairman of the European Central Bank's Banking Supervision Committee, urged for the translation of the Basel II rules on capital requirements, which are due to be implemented in Europe from early next year, to be sped-up.
"At the moment translation into the numerous official languages is no
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- RBA paper modifies DGSE to include housing sector