Many economists believe the reassessment could help the bank strengthen its decision-making, leading to more timely interest-rate changes. The ECB is often criticised in financial markets for doing too little, too late.
The review could lead the bank to abandon or demote its first pillar, the M3 money-supply growth t
- Central bankers share vision for ‘business as usual’ big data
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- ECB commits to tapering bond purchase programme
- PRA official says financial system must become more cyber-resilient
- Woodford shows finite horizons matter when modelling