Omi, speaking at a session of the lower house of parliament in Tokyo, said specifics of monetary policy are up to the central bank.
``As we have said, we want the Bank of Japan to support economic growth with its monetary policy,'' Omi said at a press conference in Tokyo Tuesday. ``
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say