To make sovereign debt restructuring smoother, not to dictate the terms
Can you describe your proposal on restructuring sovereign debt? Is it due only to the current crisis in Argentina?
We have been motivated neither by recent events in Argentina nor by dissatisfaction with the debate on private sector involvement. Rather, we have been motivated by the lack of adequate
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously