Siebert, a member of the government's panel of economic advisers called "wise men", told German TV he expected the U.S. Federal Reserve to cut interest rates by a quarter point at its meeting on 21 August but he was sceptical whether the ECB had to follow suit.
"I expect the Fed to cut rates
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?