The General Council of the Riksbank has today presented a proposal to the Riksdag (the Swedish parliament) regarding the allocation of the Riksbank's net income for the financial year 2002.
According to the current guidelines, 80 per cent of the average income before appropriations over the past five years shall be transferred to the Treasury. The income used as a base for calculating the size of the transfer (dividend)
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say