ECB president Jean-Claude Trichet told a press conference on Thursday afternoon that recent data and survey evidence indicate that economic activity has strengthened in the second half of this year.
The European Central Bank has not decided already on a series of interest rate rises following Thursday's quarter point rise in
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS