Tanigaki made the comments at a regular press conference in Tokyo after the Cabinet met.
Core consumer prices in Japan fell 0.3 per cent in March from a year earlier, the government said Tuesday, indicating mild but stubborn deflation was lingering in the world's second-largest economy.
March was the sixth month running for a year-on-year
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory