The position will fall vacant when Otmar Issing retires on 31 May, officials were quoted as saying Thursday.
The euro group will meet on Monday evening ahead of a gathering of all 25 EU finance ministers the next day.
At his press conference after last month's meeting, president Jean-Claude Juncker
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting