The issue of the new Elizabeth Fry £5 banknote will restart on Wednesday 21 August. This follows suspension of issuance on 27 May after it was discovered that on some notes it was possible to remove part or all of the serial number when the note was rubbed hard.
Read the previous News Release
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession