Investec has said that inflation as recorded by Statistics South Africa, the official provider of price data, fails to consider changes in spending patterns.
The bureau announced in early 2007 that it would introduce new CPI weights based on the 2005/6 Income and Expenditure Survey. Investec said it had delayed introducing the changes by t
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré