He added that the ECB will not hesitate to impose sanctions against countries that fail to respect the rules laid out in the stability pact.
Elsewhere in the interview Trichet said the countries of the G7, which meet at the end of the week in Washington, need to examine wh
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde