"The Central Bank of Sri Lanka is an institution which operates with some independence," governor Ajith Nivard Cabraal said, addressing bank employees and invited guests on Monday.
"I know that we can protect this independence and go forward. Independence is not fighting with other people. Independence is to persuade others
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard