The central bank said inflation was falling due to the "lagged effects of strong monetary tightening" and said it anticipated making a rate cut in the last quarter of 2007.
The central bank's overnight borrowing rate remains 17.5%, the lending rate is 22.5%. The interest rate on overnight and one-week maturity borrowing facilities provided for primary dealers via repo transactions st
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank