For the sixth month in a row, the board voted eight to one in favour of the decision. Again, Atsushi Mizuno was the sole dissenter, voting for a 25 basis point hike.
In spite of data published on Tuesday revealing better-than-expected growth of 2.6% for the third quarter, the central bank was forced to hold rates because of the downside risks that global ev
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde