The Governor of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka, A.S. Jayawardena, told a news conference that it was important to keep a tight monetary policy in a flexible exchange rate, "otherwise it could have an adverse effect on the currency."
Jayawardena's comments came shortly after the IMF on 1
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system