The Federal Reserve is to give the public more insight into how the rate-setting Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) decides on monetary policy.
The central bank said on Wednesday it will increase the frequency and expand the content of its economic projections in a bid to increase transparency.
Ben Bernanke, the chairman of the Federal Reserve, said: "The changes will provide a more-timely insight into the Committee's outlook, will help households and businesses better understand and antici
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power