Leftwingers within Mr Lula da Silva's Workers' party (PT) oppose granting the central bank more autonomy, and its leaders want to avoid another round of internal strife after controversial reforms last year.
"It's a highly ideological issue and I don't see it on th
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré