Financial markets reacted strongly to the decision, with sterling off half a cent against the dollar and UK interest rate futures up sharply, as traders reckoned the BoE was sticking to its approach of raising rates gradually.
Futures markets are pricing in borrowing cost
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations