The grant, agreed on Tuesday, follows Niger's renewal of relations with the International Monetary Fund.The IMF approved a $76 million Poverty Reduction and Growth Facility on December 14.The French funding will be used in part to pay off Niger's arrears to the African Development Bank to allow the bank to restart development projects.
It will a
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB