Bank of Israel governor David Klein does not intend to step down from his post even if Prime Minister Ariel Sharon asks him to do so Ha'aratz news in Israel said. Ha'aratz reported sources close to the governor said Wednesday in the wake of a barrage of reports that the prime minister is looking into ways to dismiss Klein.
Ha'aratz said sources at the Prime Minister's Bureau confirmed that Sharon had asked Attorney General Elyakim Rubinstein to check if and how the governor could be ousted. Th
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
Back to Top