George Abed, the former governor of the Palestine Monetary Authority (PMA), told Central Bank News on Wednesday that he expects Jihad al-Wazir, the deputy governor and current acting governor, to succeed him.
Abed, who left the PMA for family reasons earlier this month, revealed that he had recommended Al-Wazir, a former deputy finance minister, to Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian president, and Salam Fayyad, the prime minister.
"Al-Wazir has been with me for two years and he has been closely i
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor