In an advance copy of an article to appear in Tuesday's edition, which hits newsstands late Monday, Le Monde reported that Austria's central bank governor, Klaus Liebscher, had pressed for a rate cut at the meeting nearly three weeks ago.
Spokespeople at the ECB weren't immediately
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system