Niedermayer told Thomson Financial News in an interview last week that the changing structure of the economy means that the central bank could not simply rely on an appreciation of the Czech crown to bring inflation down.
"In the past the crown was appreciating and this reduced the inflationary pressures on the economy," Niedermayer said before
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency