The Fed will create a new facility - called the Money Market Investor Funding Facility - to buy commercial paper from money-market mutual funds that have come under pressure as nervous investors have rushed into early redemptions.
"The short-term debt markets have been under considerable strain in recent weeks as money-market mutual funds and other investors have had difficulty
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank