The International Monetary Fund on Thursday praised the Brazilian Central Bank's move to raise its benchmark interest rate in an effort to control inflation.
"It is a needed and very fitting measure to contain inflation," Jorge Marquez-Ruarte, leader of the fund's team that is in the country on a regular quarterly review of a $30.4 billion loan package to L
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde