Gono told Newsweek, a magazine: "The west wants you to think that Zimbabwe's economic collapse was because of mismanagement. But sanctions have had quite a devastating effect on the country. I cannot think of any genocide that is worse than that."
He added that the sanctions were not hitting the
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously