"Recession is possible," Bernanke told US lawmakers. The central bank estimated that the country is "slightly growing" at the moment, but "we think there's a chance that for the first half as a whole, there might be a slight contraction."
The Fed had been "creative" in finding ways to ease the liquidity problems, he said, and h
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio