"We will not slacken restrictions on loan extension, though commercial banks have reported a slightly smaller number of non-performing loans," Zhou said at the China International Conference in Finance 2004 held in the eastern commercial area of Shanghai.
The three-day meeting is sponsored by
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro