Machimura said at his regular twice-daily news conference that the authorities were "making efforts to present a candidate to parliament as early as possible".
The Bank of Japan has already been rudderless for two weeks since the retirement of the previous governor, Toshihiko
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security